Discussion about Reason – Part I
Reference: Marias, J. Introdução à Filosofia. São Paulo: Livraria Duas Cidades, 1995. Capítulo 5: A Razão.
We began the discussion of the text “Reason”. The group addressed the following topics:
- Fallacies: suppression of the final cause, polylogism (a term coined by von Mises) and nominalism.
- The etymology of the word “understand”: grasp, grasp with the mind the reality.
- Indication of considering a conception of worldview, based on the perspectives and theoretical framework of the group, as an alternative to the paradigm conception.
- The noos, the logos and their connection.
- Apprehension of reality as it is.
- Instrumental and substantive rationality.