This site is about the research project “The Ethics In Practice Is Something Else – Understanding The Moral Dilemmas Experienced In Public Management” associated with Research Centre for Social Innovation in Public Sphere (ESAG/UDESC, Brazil).
- To understand how the study of moral dilemmas can contribute to the debate about the rationalities in public organizations and their management.
- Framework used to understand moral dilemmas: Moral Development Theory (moral reasoning), Guerreiro Ramos (rationality) and virtue ethics (Aristotle, Thomas Aquinas and contemporary studies)
Current research projects
Research projects of masters and doctoral students linked to the main project (under development):
- Laís Santos: Moral Dilemmas in Public Management: a multicase study in the area of Protection and Civil Defense
- Clara Ames: Virtue ethics and Public Administration
- Everton S. de Souza: Moral Dilemmas and Social Innovations
- Lucas Carregari: Spirituality and Moral Competence in Entrepreneurial Training groups
Research line: Ethics, epistemology and sociology of science in public administration